Faelyn, Scythea, K Dec 29, 2013 7:25:20 GMT
Post by SCYTHEA KAORI FAELYN on Dec 29, 2013 7:25:20 GMT
- Relaxed Wavy - Brunette, Waist Length, Ponytail mostly or loose
- Light Blue, Oval, Curious
- Freckles only along the middle bridge of the nose that runs under her eyes
- Slim fitted pants along with sleeveless/sleeve tops that range in color from greens, teals, and deep colors of nature. Usually, wears black fitted boots or goes barefoot. Likes firm fitting clothes so nothing catchings or slows her down. Her brunette hair is usually up in a ponytail or bun when doing anything fast pace liking running. On occasion, she enjoys dressing up in Celtic like flowing dresses with jewelry of her people.
Scythea's main possession is a ring her father made for her mother. It's a sterling Victorian floral whimsy ring that was used as her mother's engagement ring. She carries it with her always. Either on her index finger when in a dress or a silver chain when in other clothes.
- Caring, Curious, Attentive, Affectionate, Adventurous
- Curious, Aloof, Temper, Stubborn, Naive
- Nature, Wolves, Rain, Moon, Solitude
- Non-family, Fighting, Lairs, Crowds, Hunters
- Closed spaces, Being truly alone in life and death
- Finding true love, Clearing mother's name
- Things in Scythea's past has left her to dislike anyone that's not in her family. This also includes crowds of any type, fighting for any reason, and hunters who hunt for sport. The temper she has came from her father, though that's not the only reason why she has a temper or why she is stubborn. It mostly has to do with how people treated her mother's memory after her mother had passed. Since then, Scythea has been anti-social and chooses to be alone. If you can get past her flaws, she is actually a caring person. She enjoys finding adventures, showing love to those that mean everything to her, doing things for others to make them happy, and above all else her curiosity for nature. Curiosity can also be a bad thing.
The things she loves is also the things her mother and brother had in common. She hold on to those memories dearly. Her mother always told her to keep a pure heart and this is way he is naive. However, her brother leaving didn't help her try to keep her promise to her mother. This is why Scythea likes her solitude. It's also the reasons why she likes the things she does. Her mother would also tell Scythea about true love and how Scythea's father was her's. Every since then, Scythea wanted to find a love like her parents had found. She hopes to find someone to live her life with cause her true fear is being alone in life or death. No one to comfort her in her times of need or to spend eternity with is like a black hole to Scythea. Though, being in a tiny hole with no way to get out is another thing she fears since she fell in a hole when younger. She had to wait three days for someone to find her and help her out. At only six, that's pretty frighting even for a Elven child. Lastly, her mother's name is tainted by the people she once cared for. Scythea wishes to clear her mother's name and have people see her mother as a hero some day.
- Ealoren H. Faelyn, 100, Dead, Healer
- Durlin J. Faelyn, 305, Dead, Smithy
- Thyrin L. Faelyn, 21, Alive, Unknown
- Aolis, Red Wolf, picture
- Levos N. Faelyn, Uncle, taught Scythea how to hunt/learn everything is alive
- Everyone grew up with the same stories of the Keepers and how they came to be. This is why some of the people tried their hardest to please the Keepers by using their gifts for good. Scythea's mother was one of those people. Ealoren was an Air Elemental, but her being an Elf let her use the gift to heal others. She set up a little cottage where the minor or major wounded could come and seek treatment. Ealoren was skilled in herbal remedies and salves. Though, not everyone who went to Ealoren could be saved. This is where Scythea gets her caring nature from cause every time Ealoren lost someone she was caring for. She mourned that person for four straight days to honor their spirit and seek forgiveness for not being strong enough to heal them. Scythea's father soon found himself on Ealoren's many tables after a hunting trip went horribly wrong. She was able to heal him after two weeks and that time spent together made their hearts grow fond of each other. Ten months later Ealoren and Durlin were married, and Levos was his brother's best man.
The couple waited to have children. Wanting the time to spend together to get to know each other and enjoy each others company. However, even for Elves time flies and soon Thyrin was born. Thyrin was a good son, honest, and kind to everyone he met. He was soon learning the trade of being a Smithy at the age of eleven. Thyrin wanted to walk in his father's foot steps since his father could do wonders with metal. All was well until Scythea came along. She was welcomed to her family just as Thyrin was and everyone loved her. But, as soon as the child could crawl, walk, she was trouble. Scythea could get into things that other Elven children would stay away from. Like, playing with a hornets nest, teasing the local Wolf packs, Fox dens, the list goes on. Needless to say, Scythea was adventurous and a little to curious for her own good. This is why she ended up in a eight foot deep hole when she was six and it took three days for her Uncle to find her. After that scare Scythea's parents decided Thyrin (being the oldest) should keep an eye on his sister.
At first, Thyrin didn't want to spend so much time with his trouble making sister. However, like anything else. Time was their friend and their bond became unbreakable. Thyrin would take Scythea on hunts, hang out and fish, roughhouse, and keep each others secrets. They were best friends before they were siblings. Though, like all siblings they did fight and argue every now and again. But, it never lasted long and everything would go back to normal within a few minutes. Their parent were proud of them and how strongly bonded they were. They couldn't ask for anything else in the world.
Then one night a stranger came into their small village near Nerea Lake close to the mountains. Ealoren was called out of bed to help the poor man. Assuring her husband everything would be fine and to stay with their children. Ealoren soon left to treat the wounded man that came seeking help. She was alone with the man which probably wasn't a good idea, but no one that seeked her help had ever had ill will before. So, she went on her normal routine of getting the bottle of herbs from her shelves and whatnot. The man did have a wound on his arm that was bleeding. It also had a greenish tone to the flesh around the wound which some times meant poison. Though, this is not why the man was in the village, or in Ealoren's healing cottage that night. The stranger had heard of Ealoren's husbands work. A friend of his came to this little happy place once to get a sword worked on. However, greed is very tempting. Durlin had been playing with gold and trying to work the liquid base in to the metal of swords, jewelry, ect. The stranger's friend had asked if he could purchase some of the gold and Durlin had turned him down. Hence, the reason why the stranger was here.
While her back was turned the stranger simply took her life and let her fall to the floor. He ram shacked the cottage and ran out screaming. Everyone woke up and ran towards the screams. Durlin was one of them, with sword in hand, and Thyrin slightly behind him with a dagger. The stranger had cut himself more and told the village of a horrible story of Ealoren. How she came at him, how she told him since no one knew him here she could continue her experiments, and that when she slashing started. The people didn't believe at first, but the stranger had proof. He showed them to a place a few miles away from the village where bodies had been left. They gasped at how deformed the bodies were and soon burned down Ealoren's healing cottage. Durlin knew it wasn't true, but he was in mourning, and he had to try to protect his children. Their mother's memory was not going to be tainted so easily.
Four months passed after Ealoren's death. Durlin and the children were treated like plagues on the world. Scythea and Thyrin were trying to be brave for their father, but soon it was too much. After an incident while fishing and keeping to themselves. Thyrin, beaten and bruised packed his things and left the village. Scythea felt alone, unwanted, and unloved. Her brother's love and their bond was the only thing keeping her from breaking down completely. Now she had no one to protect her and the other children were ever more fierce with their torment. Durlin tried to explain to Scythea that it was easy for people to believe the bad things in life instead of the good. Like a lie, if you had false proof, a good story, everyone who had doubt in their hearts would believe the story. Scythea didn't understand and started to spend her days in her room. That's when Levos took over. He started to watch his niece after his brother had to look for work outside the village now.
Levos tried talking to Scythea about her mother and brother. Sadly, she wouldn't hear any of it and still kept to herself in her room. Levos was not known for patience, so one morning he dragged his niece out the door and into the mountains. Scythea fought the whole way, but Levos didn't care. It just meant she would be tired and hopefully listen to what he had to say. When Levos got to his normal hunting spot he let his niece go and shoved a bow into her hands. He took his bow and dagger and set off further into the mountain. Scythea confused, but curious followed him. Levos taught her everything to know about hunting. How to track, stand down wind, and appreciate the animals for what they had to offer. This is how Scythea fond her new best friend Aolis. While hunting by herself one day she found some people who were hunting one of the many Wolf packs in the mountains. Since, she didn't like fighting she turned her back and went the opposite way.
Back tracking a few hours later looking for a mountain goat, she noticed blood running down a steep hill. She made her way up to see the damage and to pray for the spirits who had been wronged. Though, what she found was a horrible slaughter of a whole pack of Wolves. She thought it would be one or maybe four Wolves. Tears came to her eye as she lightly walked around looking for a survivor. There was just one, a little Red Wolf who was laying next to his mother and trying to wake her. As Scythea stepped forward he heard her and tried to growl. The pups voice was weak from crying and the only words that left Scythea's lips were, "My fault". The pup being young, understood and attacked her. Scythea let him bite and scratch at her until he passed out from exhaustion. Scythea stood up and buried all the Wolves before taking the pup home.
The bad fortune didn't stop there. Soon Durlin had to move to one of the cities in order to provide for the only family he had left. This left Scythea now sixteen alone with just her Uncle for guidance and protection. However, the villages never forgot the story the stranger had told. Thus, once Durlin was gone and Levos went on a long extended hunting trip. Everyone turned on Scythea. It was a gloomy day when Scythea tried to heal a child who had fallen and scraped it's knee. Once the child's mother saw what Scythea was doing all hell broke loose. The village was on Scythea before she had a chance to explain herself or protect herself. If it wasn't for Aolis who was now a year old, she could have possibly died then and there. Scythea made it to her house and packed quickly and lightly. She took for the mountains with her mother's ring in tow. Durlin had given it to her a week after her mother passed away. Scythea didn't know where she was going, but she wanted to put as much ground between her and the backstabbers she grew up with. This landed her in her new home. The Foggy Forest. It was perfect. Her Air Element could hide her and Aolis from everyone who stepped foot into their new home. And, soon they would be known as ghosts.
- Central -6:00
- Five years now off and on
- None at the moment
- Proboard Advertisement