Post by ADMIN ISABELLA on Dec 21, 2013 18:14:37 GMT
Welcome to Manipulated Daydreams! Before getting started, please take the time to read through the rules and familiarize yourself with them. Breaking the rules will result in warnings, which will eventually result in more serious consequences.
01. When joining, we recommend that you make your username the name of your character. This makes it easier for other people to tag you. Since names often change in character development, this is not a strict rule. Your display name, however, must include your character's full name in capital letters (ex. RAINA AEGLE PALLAS).
02. Respect and courtesy are a must. Use your common sense and treat others how you would like to be treated. As cheesy as it sounds, we would like to have a friendly community. Expanding on that, try to include everyone. If you see someone's thread isn't being replied to, see if you can reply to it so they aren't waiting forever! Everyone loves to have subplots that only involve a few characters, but avoid making cliques that exclude everyone else.
03. As required by ProBoards TOS, MDD has a strict PG-13 rating. You may not talk about or roleplay anything that could be considered "rated-R" or above. Sex, violence, and other adult themes must be limited and, if necessary, use a "fade to black". Skip over things that could get our forum in trouble.
04. In all situations, staff have the final word. If something doesn't turn out how you wanted it to, don't whine. The staff does their best to keep the site running, please don't make it stressful! Go to a staff member if you're having trouble, and we'll do the best we can to sort it out.
05. There is no character limit or gender ratio. Just keep all your characters active, have only one account per character, and pay attention to the banned and encouraged characters. You can bypass restrictions by purchasing it in the shop with coins - you can see your balance on your profile page.
06. No perfect characters, godmodding, or powerplaying. In other words, be fair. I don't care if your character is a beautiful vampire who hates hurting people. Characters are not invincible, no matter who they are, and you cannot control another character without permission from its owner.
07. At least two paragraphs are required for roleplaying post. If you can't reach that, then, I'm sorry, you should not be roleplaying here. We're meant to be an intermediate - advanced roleplay. In more basic wording, proper grammar and spelling with detailed posts are what we like to see. Of course, we will always welcome anyone who is willing to improve!
08. Regarding activity, we know that personal life comes before roleplay. That being said, try to post at least once a week. Keep all your characters as active as possible. Activity checks will come sporadically. Try to log into all your accounts regularly so we know you haven't forgotten about a character.
09. Real-life face claims are required. There can be no duplicates unless characters are twins or you have valid permission to use it. All should be fairly well-known; no "site models" or using people who've requested their images not be used. Face claims and characters should be over 13 years old.
10. We're a "liquid-time" site. You can have a character in more than one thread at once, just don't take on more than what you can handle.
11. Regarding images and mini-profiles: avatars are proboard's default 150x150. However, we also make use of a 200x350px image known as the hover image. Signatures can be no larger than 600px in width and 350px in height. Be sure to fill out the last four sections in the "Personal" tab of the profile.