Vinter, Sten B. [wip] Dec 28, 2013 19:11:16 GMT
Post by STEN BJÖRN VINTER on Dec 28, 2013 19:11:16 GMT
standing at over six feet and weighing about two hundred fifteen pounds, sten often uses his size to intimidate and bewilder others. his muscular body resulted from years and years of training, over a decade of vigorous work. he has fair skin that is often tanned from his time spent outside and numerous scars littering his body. in his line of work, sten would be lucky not to have scars. most are small and almost unnoticeable, dotting his chest, back, and arms. a deeper, more prominent scar reaches across his lower torso and another down the length of his left calf. he has a tattoo similar to this across his left shoulder and bicep. sten has light brown hair that is usually kept very short, but is occasionally grown out when he doesn't have the time or resources to cut it, often when he's spent weeks in the wild. when it is longer, he generally combs it to the side to keep his out of his eyes. sten has thin eyes with steel blue irises that get lighter closer to the pupil. he's most expressive in his eyes; they carry his emotion when he doesn't want others to see.
sten dresses very practically, and rarely for actual style. in the summer, he wears as little clothing as he can. in colder months, he still wears as little clothing as he can - but enough that he won't freeze. he dresses in light clothing so he can have full, easy movement. he's rarely seen without a pair of boots, whether they are leather, cloth, or something completely different. he dresses in earthy colors, clothing that is cheap and easy to find. his jackets are lined with fur to keep him warm.
as a shapeshifter, sten has two forms: a grizzly bear and a golden eagle. both are huge predatory animals which are used by sten to their full abilities. he can shift almost effortlessly between forms, shedding skin, fur, and feathers and changing shape and structure in merely seconds. by now, shifting is a dull ache, a pain he's gotten used to over the years. his forms are well over the average for their species in size, something that was brought on by his own size and training.
- confident, brave, honest, loyal, open-minded, practical
- pessimistic, arrogant, stubborn, unforgiving, indifferent, guarded
- guarding (basically, doing his job), forest, mountains, open air, freedom, solitude, bears, staying shifted,
- having nothing to do, large and noisy crowds, flirting, know-it-alls, rodents, snow, being watched
- messing up on a job, getting someone killed, acquiring a disability
- becoming well-known to the point where he would be sought out for help, have a family,
- sten is the sort of person who stands with his beliefs and rarely changes his mind. bad impressions stick with him, though he will let a person explain himself if necessary. he is open-minded and accepting of others, something that was either brought on or caused by his sexuality. sten doesn't care about gender in a relationship; he just wants to be with something he's attracted to. he finds himself attracted most to gorgeous women and handsome men, of course, but a nice personality is a must if he wants a long-term relationship. however, it's hard to maintain those. sten is guarded and indifferent; a combination of hiding emotions and being apathetic. he hates staying in one place for too long, as he loves travel. he rarely does things out of the good of his heart; if he helps someone it's because he gets something out of it. of course, there's always the exceptions were are few and far between.
once he makes friends or affiliations of some sort, sten sticks with them. he's incredibly loyal and hates to break promises - because of that, he rarely promises anything. he won't promise something he can't keep. he's pessimistic, believing the worst will happen in all situations. that makes it hard to be disappointed. his confidence is through the roof, and combined with his stubbornness and indifference, that makes for a very arrogant man.
- annika c. vinter, died at 62, weaver
- adolf t. vinter, died at 94, bodyguard/guide
- elsa i. vinter, 30, alive, unknown
- finn t. vinter, died during birth
- katja, golden eagle
- katja, his best friend and companion (yes, she's the golden eagle above)
- elof, his trainer and friend for many years
- at least two paragraphs about your history
- Eastern, GMT -5
- About nine years
- Raina A. Pallas
- I made MDD!